Do you want more than “just a job”? Are you looking for meaningful work that impacts lives? Are you a team player who embraces change and loves a challenge? If this all resonates and you are an experienced claim management professional, we have just the opportunity for you.
SALT Associates, an RGAX company, is growing! We’re looking for seasoned claims analysts who can bring expertise in the following insurance lines: disability, life, life waiver of premium, or long term care.
The Claims Analyst position is a key, customer facing position within the Claims Operations department. This position may take on multiple responsibilities including managing claims within a customer environment, providing expertise and advice to customers, and supporting claim operation audits or consulting arrangements.
- Facilitate appropriate outcomes with claimant customers through proactive phone communication, expert product and contract knowledge, creative thinking, compassion, and integrity.
- Build strong relationships with customers by listening, being creative, patience, and objectivity.
- Maintain data integrity on Salt and Client systems by gathering and entering accurate claim data into claim systems, validating existing data, creating professional unbiased file documentation, utilizing correct grammar and spelling, ensuring documentation is clearly outlined, and minimizing use of abbreviations and acronyms
- Learn new computer systems quickly and be comfortable working on multiple systems simultaneously
- Comply with state laws, contracts and client procedures
- Follow client-specific workflow while also offering feedback and recommendations for improvement and efficiency gain
- Demonstrate willingness and aptitude to learn new types of insurance, e.g., Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Waiver, Individual Disability, Long Term Care
- Achieve results as outlined in each specific project scope
- Support other members of the Claim Operation when appropriate
- Minimum of two years of experience in claim administration in group or individual disability, life, life waiver of premium or long term care insurance lines
- High School diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate via telephone and strong letter writing skills
- Willingness to learn, lead, be led, support others, and work hard
- Attention to detail, thorough and accurate
- Complex problem solving
- Occasional travel may be required for onsite audits or client relations.
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
If this is the right position for you, please submit a copy of your resume to our Talent Acquisition Partner at Ojackson@rgare.com for more information.